I would never consider myself a beauty blogger. That’s purely because my posts are definitely more the lifestyle niche, however I do dabble beauty posts now and again. I would never class myself as a beauty-holic and I’m definitely not a professional of any sorts.
To be completely honest with you, I only ever wear a full face of make up once a week if you’re lucky, I’m just too lazy. One thing, I have done is followed beauty bloggers for a long time. I’m one of these people who would rather read the review before spending my money or trying something new. Bit boring I know, but each to their own and all that jazz.
Anyway, today I thought I’d share a few of my favourite little beauty hacks which I’ve learnt over the years with you guys. There have been so many things which I’ve found don’t work, but these have definitely worked for me.
- Bobby pins in your bobble vertically helps give your ponytail volume.
- PVA glue around your nails when painting them avoids smudging and keeps your nails neat.
- Dry shampoo is your best friend when you have brightly coloured hair, bring back my blue hair days please? Washing less avoids fading.
- Fill in your lips with lip liner before applying lipstick to make it last longer.
- Static hair? Hair spray your brush and then brush your hair.
- Contouring works on EVERY face shape, you just have to find out which technique works for you.
- Use concealer around the edges of your lips to create a sharp lip line, and remove any unwanted bleeding/smudges.
- Sweep a little powder over your favourite satin lipstick to turn it matte.
- Nowhere to store your lashes? Use the packaging of a Kinder Egg toy.
- Practice makes perfect when make up comes in to play.
I would love to hear what handy tips and tricks you have! Let me know in the comments or tweet me!