Layering, it’s a wonderful thing isn’t it? It’s one of my favourite things about the colder months of the year. It’s a perfect way to keep warm without the worry of being too warm throughout the day. I find it’s perfect for the colder autumnal mornings and evenings, where the day time warms up a little. This way you can keep warm through the colder hours, but take a layer or two off as it gets warmer.
Top tips for layering:
- If you’re layering jumpers, wear long tops underneath and a shorter jumper.
- Layering is a perfect opportunity to combine colours, textures and patterns – so go for it!
- Cute cami that you don’t want to put away for the winter? Team it up with a long sleeved t-shirt underneath.
- You can also layer in summer, using lighter materials; it’s not just for the colder weather.
- It’s always best to start with thinner layers first, building your way up to thicker layers.
5 Simple Steps to Layering for Autumn/Winter:
- Start with a basic top, something neutral, or striped.
- Add a lightweight cardigan or jumper to the mix. This is the perfect layer to add something with a little more colour! I find a flannel shirt is usually perfect at this time of year.
- Now, add a jacket or coat. My go to at the moment is my black teddy jacket.
- Is it a little colder than usual? Grab that scarf!
- Last, but definitely not least add some personality with accessories and jewellery.
My two favourite textures to layer this year has definitely been cord and chunky knits. I’ve picked a up a few great things from Primark, man has their AW collection been perfect this year. They’re killing it!
What do you think about layering? Love it? Hate it? Let me know, I’d love to hear.