Let’s Talk Layering

Let’s Talk Layering

Layering, it’s a wonderful thing isn’t it? It’s one of my favourite things about the colder months of the year. It’s a perfect way to keep warm without the worry of being too warm throughout the day. I find it’s perfect for the colder autumnal mornings and evenings, where the day time warms up a little. This way you can keep warm through the colder hours, but take a layer or two off as it gets warmer.

Let's Talk Layering

Top tips for layering:
  • If you’re layering jumpers, wear long tops underneath and a shorter jumper.
  • Layering is a perfect opportunity to combine colours, textures and patterns – so go for it!
  • Cute cami that you don’t want to put away for the winter? Team it up with a long sleeved t-shirt underneath.
  • You can also layer in summer, using lighter materials; it’s not just for the colder weather.
  • It’s always best to start with thinner layers first, building your way up to thicker layers.

Layering Wishlist

Boxy Jumper | Cardigan | Teddy Jacket | Pinafore | Sweatshirt | Bag |  Earrings | Scarf

5 Simple Steps to Layering for Autumn/Winter:
  1. Start with a basic top, something neutral, or striped.
  2. Add a lightweight cardigan or jumper to the mix. This is the perfect layer to add something with a little more colour! I find a flannel shirt is usually perfect at this time of year.
  3. Now, add a jacket or coat. My go to at the moment is my black teddy jacket.
  4. Is it a little colder than usual? Grab that scarf!
  5. Last, but definitely not least add some personality with accessories and jewellery.

My two favourite textures to layer this year has definitely been cord and chunky knits. I’ve picked a up a few great things from Primark, man has their AW collection been perfect this year. They’re killing it!

What do you think about layering? Love it? Hate it? Let me know, I’d love to hear.

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 6, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Ah I’m so glad you like them! Thank you for stopping by! xo

1. October 5, 2018 / 7:39 pm

I love Autumn and Winter so much precisely because of the layering haha, nothing better than a cosy jacket with a scarf thrown over. I popped into Primark recently and their stuff is looking great- saw a chenille jumper i’m in love with! Thanks for sharing xx

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 6, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Me too! I love being wrapped up! Ahhh I’m just loving Primark at the moment too xo

2. October 5, 2018 / 7:50 pm

One of my favourite things about this season is layering! There’s nothing I love more than clashing prints and chunky knits. I need to invest in some more funky scarves and autumnal accessories to up my game though! And definitely some more yellow to add in to my wardrobe.
    Alice Xx

3. October 5, 2018 / 8:03 pm

I am also loving Primark at the moment, they have such cute A/W stuff! Love the ideas! Xx

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:11 pm

I totally agree! I’ve picked up SO many great things over the past couple of weeks, you cant go wrong xx

4. October 5, 2018 / 8:29 pm

Great ideas! I love layering, though I don’t really get the chance to, because it’s always 45°C where I live haha.

5. Abbey Fibrogirl
    October 5, 2018 / 8:47 pm

Some great tips here! I love the Autumn/Winter fashion, especially the layering! I feel like I need to get some more bits into my wardrobe though to up my game! X

Abbey | Diary of a Fibro Girl

6. October 5, 2018 / 9:50 pm

I love all the style changes you get with Autumn and winter, I’ve never really worn much layering but I think it looks so cute! I love the idea of wearing a top under a dress, will be trying this out x

7. October 6, 2018 / 1:09 pm

I love layering! but I commute to work using mostly train and i’ll get hot because the heater is full blast. It’s hard to being fashionable lol

8. Emma
    October 7, 2018 / 6:22 pm

Autumn is definitely my season to layer up and keep warm! I love wearing long sleeve tops with warm jumpers, lovely post 🙂

Emma | http://www.lifeofemmax.co.uk

9. October 10, 2018 / 7:07 pm

Love this post! Great tips you provided, I honestly love layering at any time of the year, especially Fall / Winter!

10. October 10, 2018 / 7:18 pm

Yes bring on Autumn! I love A/W style (hello even MORE leopard print) and layering is EVERYTHING. Your blog is gorgeous, by the way!

Nati x | http://www.naticreates.com

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:12 pm

Thank you so much lovely! Really appreciate it 😘

11. October 10, 2018 / 7:21 pm

Ahhh love layering, like today I got all cosy bc the scottish weather has been freezing all week, and it turned 21 degrees and sunny and I was so glad i could take the layers off haha! And awww the autumn colours!!!

12. October 10, 2018 / 7:23 pm

I’ve been loving seeing people wearing long sleeve tops under dresses, looks so pretty x

13. October 10, 2018 / 7:27 pm

I love autumn/winter fashion and these tips will really help when I go to Disneyland in December because it’s going to be FREEZING! Thanks for sharing lovely

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com xx

14. October 10, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I love layering too! Your tips and pictures are great. I think I should be a bit more bold with my colour and material mixes 🙂

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:08 pm

Do it! You’ll love it if you’re a layering fan! Thank you for stopping by, and I’m glad you enjoyed reading! 😘

15. October 11, 2018 / 12:10 pm

These are such great tips! I love layering. It really helps you make the most of your wardrobe too if you can manage to layer some of your summer pieces in the colder months. I love a big cosy teddy coat or jumper as well x

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:07 pm

yeah! I love wearing spaghetti strap tops/dresses from summer in autumn with a long sleeved t-shirt underneath so you don’t catch the cold! x

16. October 14, 2018 / 7:56 pm

Love these tips! I get excited for autumn as it’s the season of layering and chunky knits 😍

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:06 pm

Aaaah I love chunky knits! 😍 Glad you enjoyed the post lovely x

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:05 pm

Thanks lovely – it’s from Primark and I think it was only like £10/£12. You can’t go wrong with the price!

17. October 15, 2018 / 4:58 am

YAY – Just in time for this cold weather that randomly struck the east coast this weekend! I love layering my clothes especially since I get so cold so easily. I really like wearing a pair of Uniqlo or any fleece leggings underneath my pants. Good to see they’re other options I should check out 🙂

Xo, https://www.mylifeparade.com

18. October 15, 2018 / 7:06 pm

I love layering up my clothing, it looks so cute when you mix different patterns! You cant go wrong with a beautiful scarf as well 🤩

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:04 pm

Primark is GREAT for cute patterned scarfs this season – well they’ve been great all round for this season if I’m honest! I’ve picked up so much from there!

19. October 17, 2018 / 8:56 pm

I’m not the best at layering but now that it’s getting colder I want to get into it, so this was a great read! Also, definitely going to have a look at that pinafore – I’m in love.

Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

• kaylajxyne
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 4:03 pm

It’s the perfect time to get into layering! Let me know how you get on! xx

20. kaylajxyne
    Author
    October 26, 2018 / 4:11 pm

Ahh! You’re going to Disney in December? I’m so jealous!! I love Disney. I hope you’ll be posting about it, if you are, I cant wait to read already!! xx