My Top Festive Picks on Netflix

My Top Festive Picks on Netflix

It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year! I’m definitely feeling the festivities this year, and I thought what a better thing to do than to bring my festivities to my little space online with my top festive picks out of the Netflix originals I’ve seen so far! In my opinion, the best way to get festive is to snuggle up with your favourite snacks, a hot chocolate and whack Christmas film on. I love Christmas films, and when I say I love them, I mean it. I watched The Santa Claus and Fred Claus in the first week of November and I’m not even sorry!

I always find Netflix my go-to to watch films, they always have something new on there, whether it’s a Netflix original or an old classic you just can’t help to re-watch over and over again.

Festive Picks

• The Princess Switch. I stumbled across this light-hearted Romance film one afternoon off work and it took me straight back to my teen years. It stars Vanessa Hudgens’ as both main characters, Stacy, the baker store owner from Chicago and Margret, the duchess of Montenegro; soon to be princess.
  • The Holiday Calendar. I actually watched the trailer for this after The Princess Switch, eager-beaver I know; but I loved it from the get go. In this film, photographer Abby is gifted a magical antique advent calendar from her Gramps which seems as though it predicts her future. However, all is not as it seems!
  • The Christmas Prince. Say hello to another romance film, there’s a trend here right? Junior editor Amber goes under cover for her first article on a (not so handsome) member of the royal family of Aldovia, will she be caught out? Will she get the big story she needs?
  • Christmas Chronicles. Teddy and Kate, Brother and Sister create a plan to try and catch Santa in the act on Christmas Eve but it all comes crashing down, will they save Christmas? This is such a great film to watch with the family, it’s such an action-packed, soon to become a festive favourite.

I have got to admit, this post took me an absolute age to write. Why? because I kept getting distracted by said movies. Every time I would go to have a look on Netflix to see what festive films are on there, I would end up watching at least one of them! I’m such a sucker.

Do you have any Netflix festive picks that you’re loving this year? Let me know!

Follow me on Bloglovinβ€˜ to keep up to date with my posts!

1. December 13, 2018 / 12:03 PM

I’ve yet to watch the Christmas Chronicles yet but I’m very excited! x

2. December 13, 2018 / 7:49 PM

I feel like I need to watch a lot more christmas films in general, especially this year! The Christmas Chronicles sounds fab! xx

3. December 16, 2018 / 8:16 PM

I saw the trailer for The Princess Switch and it looked like such a great lighthearted holiday movie so I’m definitely going to take a watch soon. Although I don’t celebrate christmas, I love festive movies anyway x

4. December 16, 2018 / 8:20 PM

I’d never heard of the princess switch before, i’m going to have to hunt it down on netflix for an evening watch x

5. December 16, 2018 / 8:52 PM

The best thing about Netflix is that you get to pick any movies with a click away. I haven’t seen these movies before! I need to check them out. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

6. December 16, 2018 / 9:10 PM

I’ve seen the Princess Switch advertised! I might watch it!!

7. December 16, 2018 / 9:38 PM

I’ve been meaning to watch The Princess Switch for so long! It seems like such a lighthearted film, must give it a watch soon xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

8. Miss Blogs-A-Bit
    December 16, 2018 / 10:09 PM

It’s taken me an age to join the 21st century but I FINALLY signed up to Netflix last month πŸ˜‚ I have to admit, I haven’t seen any of those in your list! The Christmas Chronicles is on my “to watch” list though for sure. I’m waiting to finish work for Christmas next Friday then I’m definitely gonna watch it!

9. Ashley Firth
    December 17, 2018 / 1:56 AM

I’m so out of touch, I haven’t seen any of these films! Thank you for giving me some Christmas movie ideas! πŸ™‚

10. December 18, 2018 / 2:08 PM

These sound like some amazing picks! I’m also a fan of romantic comedies so I will definitely enjoy these!
    Thanks for sharing! πŸ’•
    Beaulife.org

11. Aaliyah
    December 19, 2018 / 7:36 PM

Love this time of year as it’s acceptable to start watching Christmas movies! Love your picks especially the princess switch, loved that one x

12. Creative Nails
    December 19, 2018 / 8:27 PM

I have recently watched The Princess Switch and The Christmas Prince, and it definitely does bring you back to your teen years, haha. I actually really enjoyed both of them! I haven’t watched The Holiday Calendar yet, but it’s on my list to watch it – will definitely have to after reading what you’ve wrote!

Amy,

13. manderpantz
    December 19, 2018 / 10:44 PM

I watched the Christmas Prince last year and agree it’s worth a watch. Am looking forward to putting on Christmas chronicles this year!

14. December 20, 2018 / 12:26 AM

I haven’t seen any of these yet! I need to try the Christmas Switch and see if it matches up to the Parent Trap style image I have in my head x

15. December 21, 2018 / 9:29 PM

I LOVED The Princess Switch but I just love Vanessa Hudgens tbh haha she’s so cute! I watched Christmas Chronicles recently but felt it was just a little too young for me to enjoy personally. I do want to watch The Holiday Calendar soon too πŸ‘€
    Alice Xx

16. December 28, 2018 / 8:52 PM

You’ve picked some fab films! I loved The Princess Switch, The Christmas Chronicles and The Christmas Prince! I spent a few days in bed watching them when I was ill before Christmas and they were all really good!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com