Why I love the Festive Period

Why I love the Festive Period

It’s just 4 days until Christmas, can you believe December is going so quick? I feel like if I blink, we’re going to be in January already. I’d like to say I’m a self-confessed Christmas-holic, but I don’t think it’s just Christmas I love. It’s the lead up to it, the I love the festive period. From the end of October, I tend to be in my element. It’s my favourite time of year. From Halloween, we gave Bonfire night, and then on to Christmas planning. Whether that be budgeting for Christmas spends, or arranging gatherings and catch-ups between friends, family and work colleagues, I just love it.

The first of December peaks for me, it’s time to open your advent calendars and I have to put the decorations up. It’s a must. I just love the fairy lights and the festive colours so much! This year we were super lucky with it being a weekend, I had all the time in the world to decorate. The Christmas songs come out and life is the best. Although, next year I’m hopefully going to persuade Nathan into letting me get a real tree instead of a fake one!

This year, I think I’ve definitely topped my Christmas film watch list too. I have watched SO many festive films in my PJ’s with a hot chocolate and blanket. Whether that be the Netflix originals or an old Christmas classic film, I just adore them. Also, I’m one of the very few who loves the dark evenings because I just love to scurry home from work, get my jobs done and cuddle up on the sofa!

Now I’m a true believer, in the way that Christmas brings out the best in people. Around this time of year, people always try a little harder to help, even if it’s the smallest of  gestures. In work we do a ‘Gift a Gift’ day. This is where we pick a name out of a hat for a less fortunate child, which will also include what their hobbies are and what they like, so that we can get them a gift for Christmas. This year on the 14th December our Atrium was filled with presents for the less fortunate and I absolutely love seeing all the gifts gathered.

What do you love about Christmas, is there something I’ve not mentioned here? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear!

Follow me on Bloglovin‘ to keep up to date with my posts!

1. Joelle Lewis
    December 21, 2018 / 9:01 PM

The Christmas season has always been so special to me as well. The older I grow, the more magical it feels.

2. December 21, 2018 / 9:02 PM

That ‘gift a gift’ idea is so nice I love that and I bet the children are SO grateful! I love the festive period too, it’s my favourite time of year and I’ve always wanted a real tree but I’ve never been lucky enough to have one my Mom says ‘they’re too messy’ so maybe next year if we have our own home I’ll manage to persuade my partner! I hope you have an amazing Christmas!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

3. Creative Nails
    December 21, 2018 / 9:07 PM

Wow – the ‘Gift a Gift’ sounds like such a lovely idea. It looks amazing all them presents in the Atrium! I also love seeing all the festive lights and colours around Christmas. I enjoy the build up to it, and also finding presents for your loved ones and seeing their faces when they open them! It’s a shame that it seems to fly by so fast though!

Amy,

4. December 21, 2018 / 9:15 PM

I know what you being about December going by so fast, I feel like one moment I was
    starting the month the next it was 3 days before Christmas.
    I too love watching Christmas films, they’re predictable but so heartwarming.
    Loren | Plaid & Sugar

5. December 21, 2018 / 9:24 PM

The gifts for the less fortunate is SUCH a cute idea! We have something similar in the main shopping centre in Bristol and a lot of people I know have got involved this year 🙂 my mum also did a volunteer day at a homeless shelter! I really need to schedule in some more Christmas movie time although I feel it might be a bit late now…
    Alice Xx

6. December 22, 2018 / 6:36 AM

I am in love with the festive period as well. There’s so much to do in so little time – can we extend this to start as early as August? Haha. I love the vibes that the holidays bring in. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

7. December 23, 2018 / 8:37 PM

I love this time of year also, I really feel festive thought the whole of December, had my Christmas tree up on the 1st. I actually also really enjoy Christmas shopping as all the shops are so festive x

8. December 23, 2018 / 9:24 PM

The gift a gift idea sounds amazing, I normally donate to food banks but want to try and give more to children in hospital over Christmas too – everyone deserves to be treated at Christmas! Lovely post x

9. December 23, 2018 / 11:24 PM

I’m still not feeling festive and I’m pretty sure that’s because I’m still working on finishing some stuff off before Christmas but I’m loving seeing other people start celebrating. The ‘Give a Gift’ scheme sounds so lovely, I bet the recipients are so appreciative x

10. Alys
    December 28, 2018 / 8:06 PM

Watching Christmas films, with a hot chocolate under a blanket is one of my favourite things about the festive period as well! – I also love the singers around town at the time of year, it fills the air with so much cheer!

11. Michelle Blackadar
    December 28, 2018 / 8:31 PM

the christmas season is my favorite im so sad at how quickly it’s gone this year. i feel as though i didn’t get to fully enjoy it because it just went by so quickly. baking at christmas is always my favorite thing to do. love stuffing my face with fresh baked cookies and giving myself a santa belly. i hope you had a wonderful christmas this year xx

mich / simplymich.com

12. December 28, 2018 / 8:45 PM

Although I don’t celebrate christmas personally, I do love how it brings everyone together + I looove watching christmas movies. It’s a shame that it’s all over after a day but the build up is great! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

13. December 28, 2018 / 8:52 PM

I love the whole gift a gift, that’s a wonderful idea. Perfect way to spread the Christmas joy, everyone deserves to be treated. The festive period is perfect! It’s always soo magical. I adore watching Christmas movies as well! One great way to get into the Christmas mood.

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

14. lucymarytaylor
    December 28, 2018 / 10:47 PM

I just love the positivity and happiness around Christmas time! Everyone just always seems to be in a great mood! xx

Lucy | https://www.lucymary.co.uk/

15. Amy Young
    December 28, 2018 / 11:16 PM

Love the gift idea! All my days run together in December. My daughter’s birthday is the 27th, so it makes things a bit more hectic and makes December fly by even quicker.