Ramblings of a 20-something lifestyle blogger

Things I’m Currently Loving | Beauty Edition

I have to admit I was well and truly spoilt with beauty gifts this Christmas and with the festive period being well and truly over now, I’ve finally managed to try them all out. I hope you’re all back into your daily routines and working your way towards your 2019 goals! Anyway today, I wanted to talk you through some of the beauty products I’m currently loving. Some will be out of my Christmas gifts, some not.

Beauty products I'm currently loving

Too Faced – Better than Sex Mascara

I added the ‘mini’ version of this to my ASOS basket back in June/July because I had been pondering over buying it for months. I just couldn’t bring myself to pay £19 for the full-sized product incase I hated it. I’m stingey I know. But oh my god, am I glad took the plunge. It’s been my go-to since then, I was actually really surprised how long the small tube lasted me, I only ran out just before Christmas.

Beauty products I'm currently loving

ABH – Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

THE SHADES, oh man the shades are just beautiful. They’re so creamy and blend soo well. Why have I not stepped into the dark side of ABH earlier?! I used this on NYE and I can tell you now, there’s no going back. I’m definitely not going to hold back on their products going forward.

Beauty products I'm currently loving

Jeffree Star – Androgyny Liquid Lipstick

If you know me, you’ll know that I’m not a huge wearer of lipstick, I just never thought it suited me. However I have been playing around with shades lately and dipping into the pond of liquid lipsticks. My favourite out of the ones I’ve tried is definitely Androgyny. It’s a versatile mauve colour and the formula is dreamy.

Beauty products I'm currently loving

e.l.f. – Mineral Face Primer

I’ve only ever bought one primer before and it didn’t work out for me so for months I’ve not been fazed about buying another. Until this little beauty came along. This is the first e.l.f. product I’ve used and I’m in love. Are all of their products this good? Seriously, if you have any recommendations let me know!

So there we are, the beauty things I’m currently loving. What products are you loving right now? Let me know in the comments!

Follow me on Bloglovin‘ to keep up to date with my posts!

22 comments so far.

22 responses to “Things I’m Currently Loving | Beauty Edition”

1. THE SHADES! oh dayum they are b-e-a-utiful!!! i need to get that palette, all the nude dreams!

katie. xx lacoconoire.com

2. Is it bad that I have never tried any of these products?! I think I need to get on it!!

3. I absolutely love the better than sex mascara! It’s amazing!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

4. Sara says:

I’ve never tried the e.l.f face primer before but after your recommendation I will definitely be checking that out. I love the Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks they are my absolute go to!

Sara | http://www.copperandsun.co.uk

5. emilyunderworld says:

Oh wow, that ABH palette looks so pretty! Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is an all-time fave for me, and I’d love to try a Jeffree Star lipstick – that colour looks perfect!
    Emily from http://emilyunderworld.co.uk x

6. sophhearts says:

I love using primers so will have to check out the elf one! The Too Faced mascara has been on my beauty wish list for a while now!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

7. glowsteady says:

I’ve never tried any of these products but I’ve been meaning to try Better Than Sex for a while now, the wand scares me a little though 😂x

8. I am a big liquid lipstick fan and really want to try the Jeffree Star ones! Not at the moment though as I’ve just bought another Too Faced one!

Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

9. hanmorris97 says:

I don’t blame you for not wanting to forge out £19 for a mascara in case you hated it! It would be gutting to spend that much and hate it, I’m glad you like it though! Soft Glam is a stunning palette too!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

10. You just can’t beat a beauty related post! These are honestly my favourite kind of posts to read! I’ll be honest I’ve actually never tried any of the products you’ve spoke about here… and I thought I’d tried most things 🤣

Thanks for introducing me to new bits that I may never have seen before!

Ashleigh x

11. Aaliyah says:

Androgyny from Jeffree Star is one of my absolute favourite liquid lipsticks! It just stays on all day and doesn’t dry out my lips, the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette looks amazing the shades are gorgeous! Xx

12. Bethany Jane says:

I totally agree with you on the Better than Sex mascara! It’s so good, I really didn’t think it would live up to the hype but it’s my favourite now. I also love Androgyny, it’s one of those colours that will look good on all skin tones and lasts really well. I’ve only ever bought brow products from ABH but I’m SO tempted by the Soft Glam palette!
    Beth x http://www.adventureandanxiety.com

13. Great post! I’ve been looking for mascaras to try, so will have to give the Too Faced one a go! Also, I have never tried an e.l.f. product but I need a new primer so I should try it!

Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

14. Kiarra says:

I really enjoyed your post! You should think about writing reviews for sponsored products, and have your blog make you some money! haha. I personally don’t really wear makeup, my mom always enforced a “natural beauty” rule at our house.

15. I loved this post. I really need to try ABH I’ve heard so many good things!

16. Laura says:

I was after a beautiful mauve lipstick, It looks like Androgyny might be the one!

Laura / https://www.laustworld.com

17. Eena says:

These beauty products sounds really great!

cabin twenty-four

18. That ABH palette looks gorgeous, I really want to try the too faced mascara as I have heard so many good things about it!

19. Beka says:

That ABH pallete is gorgeous 😍 I need to make a bigger dent in my current palletes before I can justify buying another, but I would love to give ABH a go! And that exact shade of Jeffree Star lipstick is one I’ve been wanting for awhile now – I just haven’t taken the plunge, yet!

Beka | http://www.bekadaisies.com

20. Jasmin says:

Better than sex is one of my go-to mascaras! I think I’m going to have to try that primer you mentioned. Have to take a look if I can find one somewhere here, or at least some place that’ll ship here haha!

✖️Jasmin
    // overdosedoncaffeine.com

21. I’ve heard so many things about the makeup items you’ve spoken about in this list, so it was great to hear what you thought of them. That Better Than Sex mascara especially; I’ve been so tempted to try it so many times. I don’t think I can afford it at the moment, but that’s definitely on my future to-buy list! I’ve always wanted to try one of those ABH palettes, too, and that one looks pretty. I know I’d genuinely use all of those shades! I might have to add that to my future to-buy list, too… My bank balance is going to hate me, haha!

22. Hi, Very Good Article. I really appreciate it. Well researched article. Now you got one regular visitor to your website for new topics. Keep up the Good Work Thanks for always sharing. Nicole Graham