Ramblings of a 20-something lifestyle blogger

5 European Cities on my Wishlist

I’ve been dreaming about a city break getaway for so long, like seriously. I’ve not been on a plane for 6 years and I’m waaaay overdue a trip. So, me being me, I’ve been researching some nice little European cities for a break (or two). I’ve been looking at where I’d like to go, others recommendations etc and here’s what I’ve come up with.

5 European Cities on my Travel Wishlist

Amsterdam – I feel like I’m the only person out of everybody I know (apart from Nathan) who hasn’t been to Amsterdam. We’ve wanted to go for such a long time, but we’ve never actually gotten around to it. I’ve actually almost booked for us to go in July for our birthdays but when I mentioned it to him, he said he wanted a beach holiday; typical! Maybe one day…

Krakow – I love the snow, but only if its not something I’ve got to drive in. So a city break to Krakow in winter is definitely up my street. Nathan and I love to get wrapped up in layers of clothing and go walking in the colder weather. We have also learnt the odd polish word or phrase from friends; although they are mostly swear words or useless for holding a conversation in Polish. But the Christmas lights and markets I’ve seen on other travel blogs, look absolutely beautiful and definitely something I’d like to see for my own eyes.

Paris – I’ve been to Paris before but purely for Disneyland purposes. I’d really like to go and do the traditional side of Paris like visit the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph and the Louvre Museum. I think it’d be super fun get blisters on my feet from roaming the streets of Paris with Nathan. I know he’d disagree but we would eat all of the croissants and take the classic picture of us in front of Eiffel Tower; lame I know.

Rome – The 8 year old me has always wanted to visit the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum and do all of the sight seeing on the back of a moped like Mary-Kate and Ashley, minus the summer intern. I’d thoroughly enjoy coming home 3 stone lighter after indulging on all of the pasta and pizza I possibly could.

Barcelona – When ever I see pictures of Barcelona, I just love how pretty the buildings and streets are. I would just love to get explore (and most probably get lost) in the streets of this beautiful city.

Have you been to any of the above European cities? Do you have any recommendations on where to stay or what to see/do? Let me know in the comments!

Be sure to hit the like button on my Facebook page to keep up to date!

24 comments so far.

24 responses to “5 European Cities on my Wishlist”

1. I’ve never been to any of the cities you mentioned but they are definitely high on my travel bucket list. I really hope that you’ll be able to visit all of them one day. x

Antonia || Sweet Passions

2. glowsteady says:

I hope you make it to all of these places! I’ve been to Rome, Paris and Barcelona and Rome is pretty much my favourite place on earth. It’s so beautiful, there’s SO much to do and the food is (obviously) amazing. Would go back in a heartbeat x

3. I’ve sadly not been to any of the places you’ve mentioned! I was supposed to go to Amsterdam a couple of years ago with friends but it fell through. I know several people who’ve been to Krakow recently and they’ve all sang its praises – supposed to be really cheap too! I hope you get to all of these places eventually 😊

4. Rochelle says:

Barcelona is BEAUTIFUL. I was there this time last year for about 4 days. It’s such a good place to go for a little break.

I need to get my butt to Paris soon. It’s been on my wishlist for a few years now.

Chelle | http://www.chellebelle2016.blogspot.co.uk

5. Joi says:

You’re such an articulate writer I love this post so much! There’s so many places on my bucket list and I need to get started. 💜

6. justnatonya says:

I never been but I thought I was the only one who thought Krakow is an excellent travel destination. From what I see online it’s gorgeous! I also want to go to Amsterdam! Constantly I’m immersing myself into pics on Instagram to soak up Amsterdam city life, it’s so culturally captivating and visually pleasing! Thanks for sharing now I wanna write a post like this 😊

Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

7. Alyssa says:

How exciting! I would love to go to Rome too. South of France is also on my European list as well as Greece!

thesacredspaceap.com

8. Rome is one of the most beautiful cities! I’ve been there and it was amazing!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

9. Great list! I loved Amsterdam and Krakow. Yet to go to the other places but I quite fancy Rome x

10. Rome and Amsterdam are both wonderful!

11. beecaluya says:

I haven’t been to any of those cities but danggg, Paris & Amsterdam are just few of my dream places to go to!

Bee | Sincerely, Bee ♡.

12. Heather Rowland says:

This is such a great hit list! I was in both Barcelona and Paris last year and they’re absolutely stunning – amazing food, architecture and gorgeous weather (usually!) too! Hope you manage to visit them soon!

Heather xoxo

13. I’ve also not been on a plane in that amount of time either! I’ve been sticking to UK breaks the last few years which are great but I’m craving something a bit more too. Amsterdam is the top of my list I think!

Jenny

14. Nancy says:

Oooh, all of those cities look like great places to visit! I know I really want to visit Paris! Hehe, Disneyland is such a magical place. Hope you’ll get to make your visits soon!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

15. Aaliyah Hunt says:

I’ve only been to one on this list Amsterdam, it’s such an amazing city I’m sure you would love it! I’d also really love to go to Rome and Paris they are just such amazing places I need to go to x

16. Hayley says:

I haven’t been to Amsterdam either – the more I see of the scenery though the more I want to go! Paris is really nice I want to visit again! I would recommend Venice – I absolutely love it there – but want to visit more Italy in future – Rome and positano and cinque terre look gorgeous!

Hayley

17. I’ve never been abroad, but if I do, I’d love to go somewhere in Europe! Short plane rides and lots of culture sounds perfect for me. I’ve always loved the idea of going to Amsterdam; I love the idea of taking photos in front of the famous canal, visiting the Anne Frank museum (I used to love researching WW2), and maybe even a visit to a special café, just for the experience! I also like the idea of visiting Spain. I can speak Spanish, so I’d love to get to see the history away from the tourism side of it, though that’d be great, too!

18. Tajinder says:

Beautiful selection dear, a city break is always a great idea and ever so refreshing. I really want to travel to Paris and Barcelona, two cities that are on my list. I also plan on heading to Amsterdam in October for a birthday celebration, so that’ll be fun!

Tx.

19. Paris is definitely a travel goal of mine! I haven’t been abroad in years so I think this is the city I would visit first x

Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk

20. Michelle Christie says:

Amsterdam (a post on my blog if you’re interested) and Barcelona are beautiful, I’ve never been to Paris. I’m going to Kraków and Rome later on this year and I really can’t wait I’m going to eat so much in Rome aha.

Shelly’s Passport

21. Amsterdam (post on my blog if you’re interested) and Barcelona are beautiful.
    I’m going Rome and Kraków later this year I can’t wait.

Shelly’s Passport

22. I have not been to Europe yet. I might have a chance to go to Germany this summer on a mission trip which would be amazing! These 5 cities are definitely on my bucket list! I can’t wait to get traveling this year. Looking forward to reading about your adventures when you get there!

💗 Alexx | Aesthetics by Alexx

23. Jenny says:

I haven’t been to any of these cities but they’re all on my travel bucket list as well! Hopefully one day! ☺️

Jenny • http://www.sparkleandstyleblogger.wordpress.com