Defining Self Care

Defining Self Care

Are you fed up of me banging on about self care yet? No? Good, because it is so important. Defining self care is such a difficult thing to do, that’s because what I class as self care, you may not. There are so many different things that I class as self care, which you may think ‘well, I do that without even thinking; is it really self care?’ The thing is, you can define self care how you want. At the end of the day, self care is do what you need to take care of YOU.

Self care to me at the moment, is keeping myself healthy, mind and body. I fell into a really bad routine of fizzy drinks, junk food and literally no exercise. Driving everywhere, grabbing food on the go and literally drinking 0 water what’s so ever. This was really taking an impact on not just my physical health, but mentally too. I got to a point where I was feeling down all of the time, tired, sluggish and it just was getting worse and worse.

When new year came around, I thought girl this has got to change. I literally couldn’t carry on the way I was, so thats when I came up with ‘The Year of Self Care‘ to work toward sorting myself out. All is going well so far, don’t get me wrong I still have a take away on a Saturday night but I’m also walking to work 4 days out 5 and I’m hitting the gym at least once a week.

Whilst I do also define self care as a nice bath on a Friday night, or an hour away from screens to pamper myself. The above kind of self care is my main priority at the moment, what’s yours? How do you define self care?

Follow me on Bloglovin‘ to keep up to date with posts!

1. March 15, 2019 / 8:41 PM

Self care is so bloody important. You HAVE to find time to treat yourself, make yourself feel good and discover your happiness. Mine is pretty similar to you, I am definitely guilty of getting myself in a hole sometimes but I end up not eating and hiding in my bed. I make sure I get out of the house at least once a day to walk my dog, I always drink a load of water and treat myself to a long soak in the bath at least twice a week! Self care is the best!
    Alice Xx

2. March 15, 2019 / 9:15 PM

You’re so right, self care is such an important thing and I’m glad more people are talking about it! I also agree, a good bath is a lovely pick me up and I’m also working to incorporate more exercise into my daily routine!x

3. Pat
    March 15, 2019 / 9:58 PM

Self care is so important. I did a post about it too. I enjoy walking and use this as a way of unwinding after a days hardwork.

4. March 16, 2019 / 4:05 AM

Such a good post! I’m sooo into advocating self-care these days so this was a perfect read! 🙂

5. March 16, 2019 / 7:49 AM

Self care really is so important, I’ve spent a lot of taking putting myself second and taking care of everyone else first but sometimes it’s really nice just putting yourself first and doing things that make you happy! X

6. March 16, 2019 / 8:06 PM

This is really interesting! I read a lot about self care but I’m not exactly sure how I define it in my own life. I love your attitude towards making it about overall health, physically and mentally. I need to think about this a little more! x

7. March 16, 2019 / 8:52 PM

Great post and completely agree on the importance of self care. For me, I like having a nice bath and pamper session. But even something as simple as an early night helps me to recharge. I really don’t do it enough as I get carried away with other things, especially since starting my blog. So an extra bit of sleep is always welcome!